"The 2nd International Conference on Knowledge Architecting" is again here 29- 30 March 2012, Imperial Royale Hotel. Thanks to TWAS [...] Read More
ISFEA Kampala Chapter
The ISFEA Kampala Chapter is the first ISFEA chapter to be formed. According to ISFEA constitution, Article 13, section 5-7 provides for the creation of chapters. It also states that it will be the power of the Board to organise elections and the persons elected during that assembly shall be called the Chapter committee which shall serve a period of 2 years and shall be eligible for re-election for other terms. ISFEA looks at a Chapter Assembly to have 20-30 paid up members and hope to have as many chapters as capacity requires.
The Objectives of Chapter formation include;
- To established a strong, sustainable and effective leadership and good financial management for ISFEA.
- To distribute responsibilities and work together for the success of ear marked projects.
- To create and maintain an effective membership base to reflect a strong and effective organisation.
The Chapter Committee comprises of;
Media and Public Relations Secretary.
The ISFEA Kampala Chapter was formed on Saturday, 5th August 2006 at the Tourist Hotel, Kampala, Uganda. This was after a stakeholders workshop where participants suggested that this Chapter Committee should be expanded to include 8 members instead of 6. An Interim Chapter committee was formed consisting of the following members;
1. Ms. Faith Akiteng
2. Ms. Nansonga Juliet
3. Ms. Apio Harriet
4. Mr. Sennoga Richard
5. Mr. Ssebandeke Christopher
6. Ms. Rhoda Nalubega
7. Ms. Sarah Kaddu
8. Mr. Muntoyera Anthony.
The first Kampala Chapter Committee meeting was held on Friday, 15th September 2006 at Tourist Hotel Restaurant. Terms of Reference for members were discussed and members were nominated and elected for different offices as follows;
1. Mr. Sennoga Richard – Kampala Chapter President
2. Ms. Sarah Kaddu – Vice President
3. Ms. Rhoda Nalubega – Treasurer
4. Mr. Muntoyera Anthony – Assistant Treasurer
5. Ms. Nansonga Juliet – Administrative Secretary
6. Ms. Faith Akiteng – Assistant Secretary
7. Ms. Apio Harriet – Media and Public Relations Secretary
8. Mr. Ssebandeke Christopher – Events/Projects Secretary
Details of the formation of ISFEA Kampala Chapter were covered in the ISFEA Magazine for August 2006; ISFEA Magazine Aug 06
This committee is involved in many ISFEA Activities including organising ISFEA Monthly fellowship Presentations, retreats and the Upcoming Knowledge Management Conference. It is working with the ISFEA Board to implement the annual workplans;ISFEA Workplan 2007